Denise DeSio's Reviews > A Time for Mercy

A Time for Mercy by John Grisham

did not like it
bookshelves: wtf

I read one of Grisham's books a long time ago, and I remember liking it, although I can't recall which one. So, on a whim, I thought I'd give him another go. Worst decision EVER! I totally agree with everything all the other one-star reviews said - boring, repetitive, no strong plot or characterization, misogynistic and full of super-conservative rhetoric. Just awful.

John Grisham, if you come across this review, I understand you must be tired of cranking out book after book. It's not easy. But get yourself a decent editor, who isn't afraid to tell a prolific author like you that you're putting out crap. And speaking of repetitive, I can't believe that neither of you noticed exactly how many times you used the phrase "as if." Just for grins, you should do a search of your manuscript to find out. I'm willing to bet that it occurred at least every 5th page, along with the many iterations of Jake's retelling every person he spoke to the same version of the "I'm only my client's temporary lawyer" story.

Look, I promise I'll be much more polite about delivering my edits if you hire me to edit your next book, but rest assured that I'd help you deliver a much better product to your readers. You could find my credentials on my website: denisedesio.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Time for Mercy.

2021 – Started Reading