Andrea Guy's Reviews > Last Wish of Summer

Last Wish of Summer by Phillip Overton

Aug 21, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reads, ebook, christian, quick-reads, readingaddictionbooktours

This book is a shiny happy novel and definitely not what I was expecting. It was really a light Christian romance and totally sweet. Though you may not be able to relate well to very Christian Tanya and her two surfer friends Anton and Johnno, you will love them.

Tanya's Christian beliefs are a little bit overwhelming at times. She's 26, a virgin and when Sebastian gets romantic with her, she slaps him and then realizes she's in love with another guy. Uh erm. It doesn't ring true to me, but really I didn't care. I loved her. I loved her message in a bottle too, that somehow managed to find its way back to the shore where her friends were surfing.

It would have been nice to possibly figure out why the poem she placed in the bottle somehow had the powers to grant wishes. The way the wishes are granted makes this book a worthy read. After all, you really do have to be careful what you wish for, and everyone learns that in this book. Some in harder ways then others.

I really loved this story. It was a fun and fast read that will work for all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Wish of Summer.