Carrie 's Reviews > Skinwalker

Skinwalker by Faith Hunter

bookshelves: library, urban-fantasy, sos-bingo, vampire, shifters, native-american, witches

Jane Yellowrock, is a skinwalker and the only one of her kind that she knows of. No one other then her best friend Molly and, an earth witch, and Molly's family know what she is.

She is a rogue vampire hunter by trade and in this first novel of the series she has been hired by one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans to hunt down a vamp (offensive to term btw) who has been killing other vampires and cops.

Skinwalker had moments where I found myself, skimming the page because it wasn't holding my attention then having to go back and re-read the skimmed words. This happened at times when Jane was in her beast form (Beast what Jane calls it when she's in shifted into her cat form). It was the short clipped sentences of Jane's thoughts when in her "beast" form that made me feel sluggish when reading. I like the authors way of make the beast think in non human way but those moments dragged on and made my mind wander. Never fun to have to re-read sections because you get distracted each time the main character is in her other form.

That being said I did enjoy the story over all, and I am interested in continuing on with the series. Who knows perhaps as I read more I'll adjust to the beast and her thoughts.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinwalker.

August 21, 2012 – Shelved