Megankellie's Reviews > Wallflower at the Orgy

Wallflower at the Orgy by Nora Ephron

Aug 21, 2012

bookshelves: candy, genderageidentity, showbiz-reality
Read from August 21 to 27, 2012

What a delightful book from a delightful writer. Read the intro/prologue deal. Normally that is NEVER TRUE/NEVER A GOOD IDEA since the stories are ruined or someone tells a boring story about wheat in Berlin or how page 68 doesn't read the same when you are not in Madrid in 1930. But this one is great and she talks about working at the NY Post and how the editors changed her writing drastically. Her introductions to her articles are fun and interesting. The article about Mike Nichols is terrific and you want to be his friend even though he seems prickly and semi-scary. He talks about shooting with Orson Wells and jokes with Bob Newhart and the day John Wayne came on set by accident and felt snubbed.

She writes with candor, duh, and says great things like (and this is horribly paraphrased) "no I don't want to go to an orgy--it'll be just like a 7th grade dance, only instead of ignoring me in my dress, they'll be ignoring my naked, writhing body."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wallflower at the Orgy.