Sharleen's Reviews > Jersey Angel

Jersey Angel by Beth Ann Bauman

F 50x66

Personally, I had mixed reviews about the book. I loved it for the realism and the how raw the character is in the sense that we can see right through her. Angel is portrayed as anything but an angel- she fools around, betrays her best friend, and can't see that what Joey wants is sweet and innocent. Instead, she does things she soon comes to regret. What I and a lot of the readers have mixed feelings is the open nature of the discussion of the sexual acts Angel commits. Yes, the author has the right to write as what she pleases, but it must come in mind this book is a YA book, and not an adult. There is no warning of the content of this book, so any young teen may come across this book, and read something that might not want to be read. But despite that, I give this book 3.5 stars out 5 for the open discussion, controversy that rises, and the true rawness of the character- a character we usually idolize as the "it girl". By seeing her weaknesses and the change of character she goes through, we experience something unique. So read this book, but be warned of the sometimes crude and harsh language and description!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jersey Angel.

Started Reading