Tari's Reviews > Four Cuts Too Many

Four Cuts Too Many by Debra H. Goldstein

bookshelves: netgalley

Between paying attention to what Southwind nemesis Jane was up to and investigating a murder that Chief Gerard seemed satisfied to pin on Emily's sous chef, Sarah was kept hopping this time. I love how cute her mom and George Rogers have become together. As I said after the last book, if someone told me in the first book or two that I'd end up liking Maybelle's character, I would have thought they were nuts, lol. But she and George are two of my faves now. I like Grace's character a lot too, so I was really pulling for her, and I knew as Sarah did that Grace wouldn't kill anyone. Now Jane...if she ever turned up as a victim or the killer, I would never be heartbroken, lol. The turmoil she can cause for Sarah and her sister is just endless. The author did an excellent job of creating someone detestable, that's for sure.

The showdown was pretty scary, and I hadn't really guessed the killer until Sarah did. I wanted to shake Sarah for even going alone, but her heart was in the right place, since she heard someone vulnerable was with the killer. Sarah's heart for others is gold, but she really needs to start thinking of her own safety once in awhile. It's been so weird between her and Cliff and hard to tell where they were going in their relationship or if they either one even wanted said relationship. But I think they've ironed things out now in a good way.

It was great how the ending told all the little details of the wrap-up. Harlan is one of the kindest and most generous characters in any of the books I've read, and this book was no exception. He never does these good things for personal gain either, and I love that about him. You'll see what I mean when you read the book. I'm eager to see what adventures face the crew of Southwind next.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Cuts Too Many.

April 26, 2021 – Shelved