Ozma's Reviews > It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy

It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken by Greg Behrendt

Dec 08, 2008

bookshelves: bargain-book-purchase, one-of-my-favorites
Read in November, 2008

I have to wonder how a comedian like Greg Behrendt can also have such a clear view on relationships. Maybe that's a good quality to have in a comedian -- someone who can be honest about relationships. Or maybe he's the first man to publish what men really are thinking. In any case, I think this book is a great one to read if you are trying to get over someone or even if you are trying to feel better about not being with someone. Or about any problem you may have. The book encourages you to be confident about yourself and to become the "Superfox" that Greg knows you are! It lays out a framework for how to deal with problems (specifically relationships), but the plan could be applied to any difficulty one encounters in life.

I particularly like the line "Your life is not a yard sale!" What Greg is trying to say with this line is that your life shouldn't be filled with things that are broken. So if you have a broken friendship or relationship or job or whatever, get rid of it, and move on, because, YOUR LIFE IS NOT A YARD SALE, where broken things are gathered on the lawn of your life to just sit and bake in the sun all day. Toss that broken relationship out already!

The book is a quick read, and I should also point out that Greg's wife co-wrote it. Both she and Greg put in their stories of love and loss, and your heart goes out to them, reading their stories of love tragedies. But their stories always end with the attitude that they were glad they went through this heartache because it forced them to move on and make changes and do things that eventually led to them meeting each other. It's a nice touch!

Recommended for anyone who has been or is planning to be in relationship of any kind!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken.

09/22/2016 marked as: read