Mel's Reviews > The Information

The Information by Martin Amis

Aug 02, 2007

it was ok
Recommended for: no one

After reading "Time's Arrow", I thought I would surely enjoy other Martin Amis books. Man, was I wrong!

This story has a less than successful writer out to sabatoge the carreer of his very successful fellow writer/friend. I didn't make it even half way through, but felt I was reading a work of some one either insane or a genius. The story is jumping between two story lines - the day to day life of the main character, Richard, and his plans to destroy Gwyn, and the day to day life of some criminal elements bumbling around London, getting in and out of trouble, and who are keeping Gwyn and his wife under servielance.

Then every so often, something totally unconnected to the story, just random thoughts from Martin about the distance of the sun from earth and other trivia. Maybe he will work those things in later, but I doubt it.

Will Richard resort to vanity publishing or not? Will the lowlife hoods be able to elude the police? Oh my, how ever shall it end. If I were inclined I could learn to speak the local British slang, but it's just not that interesting.

But instead I just gave it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Information.

05/16/2016 marked as: read