Frankthe's Reviews > When God Writes Your Love Story: The Ultimate Guide to Guy/Girl Relationships

When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric Ludy

Aug 20, 2012

Read in June, 2012

God really used this book to help me be good with being single, even though the book only has one chapter on singleness which really was not a good chapter on singleness at all. The book is really just what letting go of any control in your romantic life and giving it to God. This is something every Christian should learn before they even consider dating. Now the book was really good as it just helped you to give God control of your romantic life. Now Eric and his wife, Leslie, write the book together, some chapters are from Eric others are from Leslie, and I personally think this is nice for most of the book. At the beginning it seems that Leslie is only writing to women which would be fine if the book was only for women but it is also for men, and as a man I found it strange writing some of her early chapters. However, as the book went on her chapters became equally focused on both men and women. Eric's chapters were great except he included something I did not like and did not agree with at all in some of his chapters. Eric said that when he was single and lonely he use to write letters to his future wife. As romantic as that seems I view it as NOT letting God write your love story. Eric's time would have been better spent writing letters to God instead of his future wife which he did not even knew existed at the time. God could have called Eric to singleness as far as he knew at the time he wrote those letters.

Well besides those things I thought the book was great and would recommend the book to any Christian struggling with letting God write their love story, or any Christian that thinks they can write their own love story without God. God used this book and others to help me give my romantic life to God. I pray that God will also use this book or something else to do the same with you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When God Writes Your Love Story.

04/13 marked as: read