Rosie Review's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

11831921
Aug 20, 2012

bookshelves: must-read
Read in March, 2012

Taken from my blog www.rosiereview.wordpress.com

Warning, do not read this book in public unless you don’t mind sitting on the train/bus/at work laughing hysterically and having to explain why you’re laughing. Do read this book though, it’s such a mood lifter. It’s an effortless read after you’ve gotten your head around the footnotes! I read on my iPhone using the iBook ap, it involves tapping on the footnote number and the ap takes you to the corresponding footnote. Think it might be due to my fat fingers but sometimes I would have difficulties getting back to where I was reading as the tap to get back doesn’t quite register. The use of footnotes is genius, it adds to the humour and also builds the character’s personality – Poppy.

Poppy is getting married, to Magnus a really intelligent man from a very intelligent family. They all have their work published and such which makes Poppy feel quite inferior. Poppy loses her engagement ring which is a priceless family heirloom; she also gets her phone stolen. Needing a phone to leave a contact number with the hotel she finds a discarded mobile in a bin. This is how she meets Sam. It’s a very clever storyline with lots of embarrassing bits what’ll make you laugh out loud.

I think this is Sophie Kinsella’s best book; her work seems to get better and better. Also as her books always keep you in suspense they’re great to read again and again. As if you’re anything like me you fly through books like this to find out what happens next that you miss bits. I’ve never found her work predictable, the twisting storylines keep you on the edge of your seat. Without trying to give the plot away I loved the email and texting part – including the hilarious embarrassing bits when Poppy gets a bit too involved!

I really enjoyed this book and rating is a Must Read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.