Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Sanctum

Sanctum by Hannah  McBride

3382002

Just wow!

I’m not sure where to start. First, this book is absolutely heartbreaking, and it’s definitely trigger happy in several different ways. From physical, mental and emotional abuse to rape, slavery, and more. HOWEVER, this is a beautiful story. As a person who has had parts of these in my own life, I also completely grasp the concept that life can still be beautiful and you can not only survive but LIVE. Now with that warning said, Skye and Remy make for a beautiful story of overcoming. The beauty of the simple things in life that can mean so much. Friendships that turn to family. Support. Love. I can honestly say that I’m completely emotionally invested and holy hell but this author can write. She weaves a little magic with each word as she goes. I’m completely invested, and thoroughly impressed. On the less intense and deep concepts- I can’t wait for book 2 and I’m super hoping foe Larkin and Rhodes to smarten up. I’m hoping Katy gets her happy ending. I’m hoping to unravel some of these mysteries. And I fist pump cheering to see the bad guys get theirs!!! Amazing. Truly stunning!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sanctum.

April 24, 2021 – Started Reading