Lou's Reviews > The Killing House

Aug 20, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-thriller, arc
Read on August 20, 2012

The story is detailed and is a police procedural in a more cerebral form.
There is an element that keeps you in the story of what will happen?
The reading did not flow as I liked it to and at times I felt not captivated enough.
All in all it was a reasonable thriller but nothing too much to think of twice but an enjoyable little read.

The blurb has praise from a few bestselling writers but I felt short in connecting with a character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Killing House.

08/20/2012 page 400

November Is Lovecraft Mythos The Haunted Reading Room Ahh! yet another novel not yet available to us in the States-had to go to Amazon.co.uk to find it at all.

message 2: by Lou (last edited Aug 20, 2012 10:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou Mallory- wrote: "Ahh! yet another novel not yet available to us in the States-had to go to Amazon.co.uk to find it at all."

Yes sorry mine was straight from the publishers. There's times when the story has characters and plot but just some don't payoff once finished it's a is that it feeling. Do you find this sometimes?

message 3: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri I really like Chris Mooney, so I am looking forward to your review.

message 4: by Lou (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou Keri wrote: "I really like Chris Mooney, so I am looking forward to your review."

Oh dear I'll tread carefully

November Is Lovecraft Mythos The Haunted Reading Room Lou-yes, and that is so disappointing-so maybe I won't rush to get this one when available, as I did for the newest Adam Nevill, Last Days- couldn't wait till March 2013 for it to be on Kindle, so ordered it the first of the month from Great Britain in print. NO disappointment with it-will send you a recommendation. Meanwhile, I'll try to find other by Chris Mooney available over here so I can sample his writing.

message 6: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri Rut row!! Although I value your honest opinion. :-) really!