Kame's Reviews > Weekends Required

Weekends Required by Sydney Landon

Aug 20, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance

This is the first in Sydney Landon's Danvers series. Somewhere between a 3 and 3 1/2 stars.

Claire is Jason's assistant. She and her best friend Suzy have ogled his buns from a far. Claire has too much on her plate for a relationship with anyone; her mother needs constant medical care so Claire has a part-time job on the weekends. Jason asks Claire to accompany him over the weekend - they will work some each day until the wedding on Sunday. Jason starts to notice Claire and soon after their first romantic evening he is trying to find ways to help her. Claire is fiercely independent and this is the source of all their conflict.

This could be a cute series...but it needs a little more polish. Jason is not an alpha male and that is okay, but I am not sure he is dynamic enough for this book - he was sort of flat for me. I borrowed this book from a Nookfriend and then was pleased to see she also had book2. It was a cute read, that I picked up when I felt like reading something but not something I squeezed minutes out of my day to sit down and finish.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weekends Required.