Liz at Fictional Candy's Reviews > Never Say Never

Never Say Never by Kailin Gow

Aug 19, 2012

Read from August 19 to 22, 2012

This is the second book I’ve read by Kailin Gow, and she is quickly rising in my list of authors I want to read more from. Both books I’ve read (this one and Circus Summer) have a nice easy flow to the writing. I really appreciate that in a story.

In this book I kind of thought it would be a little bit more edgey than it was. There was a lot of Neve’s internal monologue, which to be honest, got to be a little bit much at times. But at the same time I still really liked her character. She seems a bit naïve, but she’s growing.

There is a lot of drama in this story, even as Neve tries to stay away from it. But when you are the hot lead singer of an up and coming band, drama is going to find you whether you want it to or not. I really had mixed feelings about the rest of the characters. The male lead, Danny, seemed a bit arrogant. I didn’t really care for him too much, so when Neve started falling for him it kind of made me sad. My choice for her would have been Luc, who seems like a cool and laid back type of guy. And then there was Kyle who is…. Well, you’ll see. He is a bit intense, and I’m kind of on the fence about how I feel about him. And then there is Steve, who doesn’t really appear too much, so I don’t have much of an opinion about him.

Overall though, something about this book clicked, and I enjoyed it. Before the drama starts Neve has an easy camaraderie with her bandmates, and that was fun to see. But when she starts being dishonest, you can feel the strain. I do look forward to more of the series, to see where these characters go and grow. And I think that is the ultimate test, do you want to know more? Yes, I do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Say Never.

08/20/2012
100.0% "Review to Come, 8-22"
04/25/2016 marked as: read