Kim's Reviews > Hooked on You

Hooked on You by Kathleen Fuller

bookshelves: arc, christian, christian-romance, contemporary, sweet-romance, read-2021

Hooked on You
by Kathleen Fuller
Book 1 in the Maple Falls series
Rating: 4/5

I don't remember if I've ever read anything from Kathleen Fuller before, but I loved the description of the book and couldn't help myself. I was excited to be chosen to receive an ARC of the book and I was NOT disappointed. The book is everything you'd want in a sweet romance.

Riley McAllister's life on Instagram is very different than her actual life as a struggling mixed media artist who has to be a part-time delivery driver in New York City. She is determined to not return to her small hometown of Maple Falls, but when her grandmother, "Mimi", breaks her leg, Riley comes home to help take care of her and the yarn store. Coming home after almost 10 years is not easy for Riley who has always felt like an outsider due to her tumultuous past, but seeing Hayden Price again might make it worth it. Hayden Price, the golden boy of Maple Falls who made it to the major leagues only to hurt himself during the first game, is content to help run his parents' hardware store. Can Riley help her grandmother's store and home without the help of Hayden Price? Probably not but being around him so much might cause her heart to beat out of her chest. Can Riley learn to trust Hayden and open up her heart to her secret high school crush? When secrets are revealed, can Riley learn to forgive and let go of the past?

This book was a nice, sweet romance between two very different people. I liked Riley's character because she had to deal with her very real, tragic circumstances and learn to overcome them. Hayden's rise to fame and then quick fall affected him a lot but I loved how he was able to heal with the help of therapy and time. This story is definitely a light read with a couple more serious parts that just make the characters more authentic. I feel this book is more on the inspirational side of Christian fiction and does not get in your face about the Bible.

Highly recommend if you enjoy clean, sweet romance with a lot of heart and yarn! ;)

My thanks to the author and publisher for providing me with an ARC of the book. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own. No positive review was expected and no compensation received.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hooked on You.

April 20, 2021 – Shelved