Lo's Reviews > The Ask and the Answer

The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

Aug 19, 2012

bookshelves: oh-the-drama, deaths, please-don-t-end, i-loved-it, action
Read from August 19 to 21, 2012

This book. This series. I'm taking notes on how to build an interesting, action-packed book! It's a perfect mix. And the writing style that pretty much frustrated me in the beginning, now I'm thinking is genius. I think it adds a unique voice to the book that i never expected. This one is kind of mind- tiring? I feel tired after finishing this one, probably because my brain was tired from work and I couldn't put the book down! ( just one more chapter...3 hrs later...) And the violence is so graphic and terrible. :( Ness is not afraid to kill characters. But I don't care because I was too busy trying to read ahead to see if my theories were correct. I'm generally a fan of the two POV stories, but I can see how some people might not care for it. I definitely feel like i know and understand Todd's character more. I think Todd is one my favorite characters ever. That's not to say that I didn't want to throw him things in this book. His decisions at times............... I saw that there was a supplement story about Viola, so i'll need to check that out. All in all, awesome follow-up. Crossing fingers for at least a semi-happy ending? Looking forward to the next book! yay! Awesome! 4.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ask and the Answer.

08/19/2012