Kimberly Lewis's Reviews > Hunter Moon

Hunter Moon by Cait Lavender

bookshelves: contemporary-reads, cowboys, wolf-shifters

I’m just going to go ahead and admit this right now. When I first read the synopsis for this novel I thought it was all over the place. Here we have twenty-six year old Shelby Flint who inherits her grandfather’s ranch; the same ranch she was raised on by said grandfather and helped maintain throughout the years. On top of having to run the ranch by herself now, she has to deal with her money hungry cousins suing her as they believe she put their grandfather up to willing her the land instead of selling it and splitting the profits with the family. Shelby is having enough trouble making ends meet without the added lawyer fees and new form of trouble for her herd of cattle in the form of a large wolf that she finds hovering around her property. Things couldn’t get any worse, right? Wrong. To top off the list of bad things going on in her life, she stumbles across a dead body on her property and soon finds out that marijuana growers are using her land for their product. Little bit of everything in this book, huh? That being said, the author really makes this work. The novel is written from Shelby’s point of view and I really enjoyed seeing things through her eyes. I will also say that I loved her inner monologues. LOL. She had me cracking up more than once through this read. I have never read a book before with a heroine like Shelby. She is a no-nonsense, gun wielding, strong willed woman who doesn’t back down to anyone. She fights for what is hers and isn’t afraid to stand her ground. That being said, I also liked how she interacted with Cash Newcomb, the new game warden in town and Shelby’s love interest. Cash has this ability to make Shelby shed her tough girl exterior and lose herself in the moment. The relationship between the two of them was so teasingly sexy that I actually felt every bit of sexually frustrated as Shelby. And Cash. Cash is just so…sigh. He is super sexy and very alpha male, which makes him way protective of Shelby. I loved their whole love/hate relationship and how the two of them just couldn’t stay away from each other. I read this novel in one day, staying up well past my bed time just to finish it. The only complaint I have about this novel is the fact that it ended:) I swear, when I hit that last page I honestly didn’t believe it was over. I kept swiping my finger across my kindle screen to get the page to turn, and when it didn’t I started tapping it like a mad person. If my kindle had the ability to file assault charges against me I think it would, lol. Honestly this was a very, very good novel. Cait Lavender is a talented writer and I’m expecting big things from her. That being said…Cait, please hurry up and write the next novel because I’m dying to know what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunter Moon.

Finished Reading