Rebecca Jane's Reviews > Blood Prophecy

Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey

bookshelves: favorites, paranormal

I absolutely love this series! The drake brothers, and the other characters, are so lovable. This was a great ending to the series although I'm really going to miss it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Prophecy.

Quotes Rebecca Jane Liked

Alyxandra Harvey
“Solange looked enthralled, manic. Deadly. So I did the only thing I could think of.
I threw a snowball at her head.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“I hadn't had a chance to read an entire novel in weeks.
Whatever the others might say about politics, civil war, and hunters, the real evil was lack of reading time. If they all read more they might freak out less. And if I was going to live forever I was going to have to start a reading list.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“The Drake's didn't lure drunk college students out of the bars and compel them to forget being fed on. Well, maybe Quinn used to, but I could guarantee none of those girls needed to be compelled.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“When Kieran nudged me awake, I tried to punch him.
"Lucy—shit!" He ducked, smashing his head on the window.
I blinked blearily. "Sorry, Kier. Habbit."
He rubbed the back of his head. "Between you and Hunter, it's a wonder I have all of my limbs still intact."
I snorted, rubbing my eyes. "You dosed me with Hypnos."
"Three months ago. Let it go, Hamilton."
I just grinned sleepily. "You have so much to learn.”

“You're our best hope."
"If you call me Obi-Wan I'm going to kick you."
He grinned. "Hot. say Obi-Wan again."
I laughed, shoving his shoulder. "Shut up.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“The Drake farmhouse was like the chimpanzee enclosure at the zoo when feeding time was late.
You know, if all the chimpanzees were undead.
And insane.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“A shaft of sunlight fell on me, making my dress look like fire and my skin glow like pearls. The shadows around me darkened, as if my glowing skin were leeching the light from everything around me. I was a lantern on the longest, darkest moonless night.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“They were untamed, like thunder and lightning in a glass jar. You just knew, sooner or later, the jar would shatter into pieces.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“I could see the widening of his pupils, and the pale blue fire of his irises. He'd told me my eyes would change too, would go lighter until they looked like amber. I couldn't imagine they'd be half as beautiful as his. He was gentle and self-deprecating and way tougher than people gave him credit for. And twin or not, he was even hotter than Quinn, in my humble opinion.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“I knew how he felt, how it was like being swallowed by winter, so that even your insides were too stark and too cold.”

August 19, 2012 – Shelved