Debbie I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Dante's Girl

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Aug 19, 2012

Dante's Girl has a lot more than a sweet fairytale romance and dreams can come true for a country girl and a handsome prince. I don't read too many Chick-Lit, but this one grabbed my heart, and I couldn't put it down. I also keep hearing that song "Jesse’s Girl" in my head, except / mentally sing “Dante's Girl”. Courtney Cole has written a beautiful romance with a more intriguing MatureYA/New Adult story instead of the fluff I normally read in this type of genre. I fell in love with Reece's strong, witty personality and her country girl swear phrase: “Holy Sweet Baby Monkey Balls”. Also loved the gorgeous Greek godlike, strong, and confident Dante. Dante's Girl is one Chick-Lit I would definitely read again and I'm so reading the sequel Mia's Heart in The Paradise Diaries series.

Reece is on her way home to Kansas when she runs, literally, into Prince Charming at the airport. But it's not till he sits down next to her on the plane, and then she is rushed off by his bodyguards, that she finds out Dante is the gorgeous son of a Mediterranean Prime Minister who’s just sweeps her off to his Greece paradise, Caberra to protect her. Reece finds out that things work a little differently in royal families than her American farming family. Like marriage, that are pre-arranged by parents. And there's also other things going on in this palace with one of Dante’s friends, and she’s got to find out what he’s up to before something bad happens to the prince that she’s falling in love with.

Dante's Girl is a unique different kind of fairytale with a modern day romance twist, where the Kansas girl saves the handsome prince, with a suspenseful mystery, drama and humor. Reece is trying to get her own happily ever after with her handsome prince. I recommend Dante's Girl as a fantastic read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dante's Girl.