Danielle's Reviews > The Citizens

The Citizens by L.M.    Smith

F 50x66

I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

The Citizens is a story that will grab you from the start, and keep you clinging to the pages. A wonderful dystopian setting that was fantastical, yet believable. You really felt what the characters were feeling, as well as wondering what fresh hell would arrive for them on the next page.

The characters are wonderfully described, and well fleshed out. They were real people in an un-real situation, and they handled it with a terrific finesse that left you scratching your head, laughing, crying, angry, the full range of emotion.

The one thing that made me not score it five stars was Jazz herself. I found her off-putting at times. I didn't enjoy how she treated others in the book, and a few times I wondered why they were putting up with her at all--especially Beck and Kaori. Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike her at all. I loved the book, but I promised honesty. It wasn't enough to spoil the book for me, or ever make me consider giving up on it.

If you enjoy a great mix of suspense, paranormal, romance, and thrillers, this would be an excellent choice.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Citizens.

Finished Reading