Ifrah Alia's Reviews > Hex Hall

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Aug 18, 2012

bookshelves: 2014

I really liked this book. I love Sophie's sarcasm, it reminds me of Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series. I thought the whole book was like Vampire Academy meets Harry Potter. Obviously, it's not exactly like either of those but it has elements from both those series that really made this book enjoyable. This is a great book to pick up if you are interested in fantasy but not high fantasy. It was a pretty quick read for me, no dull moments as all. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Hall.

Quotes Ifrah Liked

Rachel Hawkins
“Now, Sophia, would you care to tell me why you're here by the pond instead of reporting to your next class?'

'I'm experiencing some teenage angst, Mrs. Casnoff,' I answered. 'I need to, like, write in my journal or something.”
Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall

August 18, 2012 – Shelved
January 18, 2014 – Started Reading
January 18, 2014 –
January 19, 2014 –
January 19, 2014 –
15.0% "I'm like this so far. I like Sophie's sarcastic humor"
January 20, 2014 –
46.0% "Sophie reminds me of Rose. She's like a witch version of Rose Hathaway."
January 20, 2014 –
63.0% "I'm really enjoying it so far and I will most probably continue the series. It reminds of Vampire Academy and Harry Potter but obviously not exactly like either of them. It just has certain elements in common with those series but it oh so good. I have to take a break to do homework but I can't wait to get back to reading this."
January 21, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014