Tricia Schneider's Reviews > Just Like Heaven

Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

bookshelves: 2013-tower-reads, historical-romance, regency-era, romance, humor
Recommended for: Regency fans

Let me just say, I adore Julia Quinn's writing. Simply adore it! I fell completely in love with the Bridgerton family (Romancing Mister Bridgerton was my first introduction to Ms. Quinn and therefore will mostly likely always hold a special place in my heart!), so much so that I was conflicted with a mix of happy/sad feelings when that series ended. Now, however, I'm so pleased to see the Smythe-Smith's have a few stories to tell in this series that is closely linked with the Bridgerton's and takes place during the same timeline.

Marcus's and Honoria's story is filled with the same powerful emotions, snappy wit and dialogue, and laugh-out-loud fun that Ms. Quinn's writing has become famous for. This was a joy to read! Her characters are so well-written, they nestle close to your heart until what makes them happy, makes you happy...what gives them pain, gives you pain. I cried with this one, so I recommend tissues to those sensitive readers. It's a wonderful, powerfully emotional romance that leaves you smiling!

First line:
Marcus Holroyd was always alone.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like Heaven.

August 18, 2012 – Shelved