Lisa's Reviews > Fractured Light

Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan

Aug 18, 2012

Read in August, 2012

It is rare to find a book that catches me by surprise, but that is precisely what happened with Fractured Light. I had not previously heard of the author and did not know what to expect, but it definitely was not what I found. When I sat down to begin reading this novel, I did not expect to finish it in less than 48 hours. I did not expect to be so sucked into the story that life around me would cease to exist. And I definitely did not expect to be so drawn to the characters that I would feel as though I was experiencing everything with them.

You quickly find that everything around Llona is not as she thought it was going to be. Life takes many unexpected turns for her and you will find yourself unable to walk away. I am writing this at four o'clock in the morning as I have finished reading this novel because sleep seemed unimportant as the pages flowed out before me. I just had to keep reading. I had to know where the story was going to go next.

There were many unexpected surprises in this novel that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat until the very end.

Throughout the ebook text, I found some minor grammatical errors and misspellings, but am willing to chalk that up to the typesetting portion of the process and they in no way detracted from the story at all. The characters were believable and the "good guys" were likable. The bad guys are the kind you love to hate, but have to almost feel sorry for. Overall, this was an excellent read, and I cannot wait for book two in the series, Titled Fractured Soul. Maybe the author will chime in and tell us when we can purchase that one as well!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fractured Light.