Meagan's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Dec 06, 2008

bookshelves: faves_and_raves, fiction, romance, tbr-challenge
Read from March 04 to 25, 2013

This is one of my all time favorite books, and I believe it to be perfect in every respect. There have been many imitations over the years, but no one can touch the original!

----------

Yup. Still the best book ever.

03/23/2013 page 68
36.0% "Is not general incivility the very essence of love?"
03/23/2013 page 82
44.0% "There are few people in England, I suppose, who have more true enjoyment of music than myself, or a better natural taste. If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient."
03/23/2013 page 90
48.0% "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."
03/24/2013 page 107
58.0% "There certainly was some great mismanagement in the education of those two young men. One has got all the goodness, and the other all the appearance of it."
03/24/2013 page 127
69.0% ""Yes," replied Darcy, who could contain himself no longer, "but that was only when I first knew her, for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintances.""
03/24/2013 page 139
75.0% "They agree with me in apprehending that this false step in one daughter will be injurious to the fortunes of all the others; for who, as Lady Catherine herself condescendingly says, will connect themselves with such a family?"
03/24/2013 page 165
89.0% "If you were to give me forty such men, I never could be so happy as you. Till I have your disposition, your goodness, I never can have your happiness. No, no, let me shift for myself; and, perhaps, if I have very good luck, I may meet with another Mr. Collins in time."
03/24/2013 page 169
91.0% "Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?"
03/24/2013 page 173
94.0% "You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever."
03/24/2013 page 174
94.0% "Such I was, from eight to eight-and-twenty; and such I might still have been but for you, dearest, loveliest Elizabeth! What do I not owe you? You taught me a lesson, hard indeed at first, but most advantageous. By you I was properly humbled. I came to you without a doubt of my reception. You showed me how insufficient were all my pretensions to please a woman worthy of being pleased."