Carris's Reviews > Dark Inside

Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts

Aug 17, 2012

I own a copy

I Flipping loved this book! This book is of an apocalyptic world (the blurb kinda says it all!) and is full of suspense. If you’re looking for a book full of spine chilling moments and lots of twists and turns then this is the one for you! Jeyn Roberts really captures the idea of an apocalypse perfectly and really gets your brain into over drive! This books really dragged me in from the very first start and left me constantly wondering ‘What on earth is gunna happen next!!’ I could really connect with each character and felt like I was with them on their journey through that horrific world. Also, Jeyn had this incredible ability to show the good and bad sides of the characters as they had to make tough and heart rendering choices and decisions to be able to survive. Some of these decisions left me shouting at the book saying ‘DON’T do it!!’ and you know when a book is making you do that it’s a good un! This book also carried a subliminal message and forced me to think on what we are actually doing to our world and how much we are destroying it. However I do believe that some chapters could have used a little more description but that’s probably because I was constantly craving more. Also I sometimes found that the alternating chapters could sometimes get a little confusing so this is not a book to be read with a tired mind. Oftt I'm actually in love with this book and really can't wait for the sequel Rage Within. I found it compelling and couldn't help but read it a few times!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Inside.