Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Ethan, Who Loved Carter

Ethan, Who Loved Carter by Ryan Loveless

I'm not really quite sure what to say about this book. I loved it. I fell in love with the characters, they made me feel so intensely for them and that doesn't often happen to me.

I won't go into too many details because there's no doubt numerous reviews that do. All I'll say is Carter has Tourette's and Ethan had a traumatic brain injury that left him permanently brain damaged. The two click right away and become fast friends when Carter moves next door to Ethan and his family.

One thing I really loved about this book was how it dealt so much with Carter's Tourette's and Ethan's brain injury. Carter is sweet, kind and loving. He really liked Ethan but he's relationship shy after being betrayed numerous times. He just wants to be friends with Ethan and I found that sweet because they have a lot in common and Carter understands how Ethan acts and needs to be treated. Ethan is rather innocent and a bit naive now. He's surprisingly more sexually experienced than Carter and, ironically, older than Carter even if sometimes it seems like Carter is older. Ethan's brother, Elliot, is a bastard and I hated him but I ended up liking him in the end since he was just as broken up over what happened to Ethan as Ethan was.

The love these two develop is based off a friendship and understanding that neither of them could find with anyone else. They know how to treat the other so they don't feel like a freak and how to console one another when they're distressed. I cried multiple times reading this story but I smiled even more than that. There's probably faults to the story but I was so immersed in it that I honestly didn't see any.

All in all, it's a feel good read but it is intense and angsty for bits of the book but then it's also sweet and cute. I love reading about broken characters and these two are just that. They've gone through so much and they achieve even more during the course of their relationship. It's a beautiful story that I know I'll reread one day because it shows that even if you aren't what people classify as 'normal' you can still live a happy and content life and find love it in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ethan, Who Loved Carter.