Plainbrownwrapper's Reviews > Dex in Blue

Dex in Blue by Amy Lane

Aug 17, 2012

bookshelves: mm, read-again-maybe

A solid 4.5 stars. A really nice read, which grabbed me more and more the farther I got into the book.

This book is less angsty and more sweet than Chase in Shadow, the first book in the series. It is not at all necessary to read Chase before reading Dex, but that book does provide a bit of additional background and roundness to the characters. Fortunately for those that felt overwhelmed by the pervasive pain and drama of Chase, Dex is a much easier read over all. There is pain and there is drama, but it is all on a much more humanly tolerable level.

As for the characters -- I did like the character of Dex, but IMHO Kane really stole the show. Both are overwhelmingly Good Guys, but Kane exudes an innocent vulnerability, honesty, and generosity of spirit that I found very touching. His growth throughout the book was really nice to see. Also, I loved the gradual, gentle development of their relationship. None of that obnoxious and pervasive insta-love here. Instead, we get to enjoy the journey as these two gradually grow into appreciating, supporting, trusting, and depending on each other. It's a heartwarming trip, and it's made all the richer by Lane's trademark evocative prose.

Good going, Amy!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dex in Blue.