Bookbesties's Reviews > The ​Crown of Gilded Bones

The ​Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout

OH MY GOD

Where do I really even start? This book blew me away!

I am going to try and do this without soiling anything, which is so hard because it all was amazing. I sat on this review because I had to process everything and I still don’t know if this review will adequately relay all of my feelings.

After all the ups and downs from A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire I thought Jennifer couldn’t top it, it was seriously my fav book this far. how could she make me love Poppy, Cas and the gang more? Oh, but I was wrong, so, so wrong. This book starts with so much happening it left me screaming,

“That’s how you start a book!”

This book started on 100 and ended on 100000! The excitement doesn’t end there. This book picks up exactly where the last book left off with Poppy, Cas and crew thrown into a new deadly situation. I was on the edge of my seat for the first 100 pages and couldn’t put the book down enough to even sleep.

New revelations leave Poppy to question who she is and what really happened the night of her attack and her and Cas have to navigate a new life, new rolls and new feelings. So many feelings.

The twist and turns this book took me on were heartbreaking,emotional and phenomenal! I laughed, I felt things, and I cried, man did I cry! New characters were introduced and old side characters were showcased( Shoutout to Delano and Vonetta, my personal fav ;-)) more and I loved it! I was happy that a few of the theories that I guessed were correct and others were not. And the steam?
WAS HOOOTThe steam was steamier, the swoon was swoon-er and everything was just so much more. I have been a JLA fan for a long time, since her first book back in 2011 and this was by far the best book Jen has ever written(so far) and defiantly my 2021 top read(so far).

Bravo Jen, BRAVO!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The ​Crown of Gilded Bones.

March 19, 2021 – Started Reading