Grey853's Reviews > Kissing Christmas Goodbye

Dec 05, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: holiday, mystery
Read in December, 2008

Finally, an Agatha Raisin book that didn't make me want to smack the woman in the first chapter. This is one of the few books of the series that I've liked. I think that was mainly because of the new character Toni, a young girl being abused by her brother. Agatha actually shows an outward kindness toward the girl and gives her chance for a better life as a detective.

Of course, as the reader you get the inner workings of Agatha's less than shiny mind. She's probably one of the most self-serving and unattractive characters around. However, she does a good thing for a change by helping Toni. Regardless of her motive to have a work horse for the agency, it still works out by saving Toni from a terrible life.

As to the Christmas theme, it was rather odd. The book starts in October with Agatha going on and on about how she wants the "perfect" Christmas this year. She does have a party at the very end, but it's not technically a holiday-themed mystery. Still, I put it under the holiday heading more because of the title than the spirit of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissing Christmas Goodbye.