donna's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Aug 16, 2012

bookshelves: teen-fiction
Read from August 16 to 30, 2012

A very moving, very real love story involving two teenagers with cancer.

Never judge a John Green book by its description. It doesn't matter what his books are about until you, as a reader, enter the world of his stories. His writing is so smart and sarcastic and yet so emotional. His talent is his writing and his wonderful characters whom I wish were real. I love love love him. Definitely my favorite teen author and easily in my top 10 favorite authors.

My recommendation? Read everything he's ever written. And this one is best enjoyed alone in the privacy of your own home with several tissues handy. Yes, you will cry.

Anna I'm embarrassed to admit that I have yet to read a John Green novel ever since my entry to this profession and the hype over "Looking for Alaska." But I'm impelled now to read one of his books.

Luke Christina just picked this up off a list of best books for YA and is trying to get me to read it. She love it.

donna I think everyone should read John Green. Best teen author that would appeal to adults.