Oana D. L.'s Reviews > All Rhodes Lead Here

All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata

19830899

This book was from the beginning a rollercoaster of events: funny and a little crazy,yet i did not expect it to happen exactly like that,and i mean how Aurora and Rhodes met.
Like all of this author's stories this one was full of ups and downs ,full of awkward moments-ones i enjoyed reading about and heartbreaking moments,this one because of the main character struggle to cope with what happened to her mother and all those little things that happened in between.

I really liked it and i started to enjoy reading about grumpy characters like Rhodes,because ,step by step, once he started warming up to Aurora ,it was beautifull.And i gotta admit that in the past i didn't like reading about characters like him..But,oh well,things change ,right?

And Aurora?She was the type of characters that you don't expect,she appears into your life suddenly and changes everything from the beginning.My kind of character and i wish i could be like her,even if that means, i'm sure, i'll annoy everyone in my life .Hehe.
Amos?Sneaky little guy.I laughed out loud when i've read the chapter when Aurora and Rhodes met,mainly because Amos was involved and well,it was funny how everything started.Well,he was punished ,a lot,but let's just say this kid deserved an award,even if what he did wasn't okay.Shy or not ,he was the one who helped Aurora the most.

The rest?Like i said above it was an rollercoaster of events-exactly the type of events that should make you laugh like crazy and some sad moments-the type that makes you appreciate what you have in real life.
Beautiful story,well written and amazing characters-exactly how i like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Rhodes Lead Here.

Quotes Oana Liked

Mariana Zapata
“No one ever told you how hard it was to make friends as an adult. But it was hard. Real hard.”

Mariana Zapata
“because killing people with kindness was so satisfying.”

Mariana Zapata
“The people we lose take a part of us with them… but they leave a part of themselves with us too.”

Mariana Zapata
“I wasn’t as much of an adult as my birth certificate said I should be.”

Mariana Zapata
“People cried over endings, but sometimes you had to cry over new beginnings. I wouldn’t forget what I’d left. But I was going to be excited—at least as much as I could be—about this start and however it would end.”

Mariana Zapata
“Because you had to remember the shitty parts of life to appreciate the good.”

Mariana Zapata
“Maybe you didn’t have to get over your fears completely to conquer them. Maybe if you just faced them in general that counted. Or at least that’s what I wanted to believe.”

Mariana Zapata
“Most people are too scared to ever put themselves in a position to be criticized. You shouldn’t care what they think if they don’t have the guts to do what you’re doing. You have to remember that too. The only opinion that really matters is your own and other people you respect. Everyone is scared of something, and perfection isn’t realistic. We’re humans, not robots.”

April 8, 2021 – Shelved