Vonetta Young's Reviews > Mad World: An Enemies-to-Lovers College Romance

Mad World by Hannah  McBride

Blew my mind on how I view bully romance

I didn’t think I really liked bully romances, having only read maybe 2 in my life until This one!
Mad World kinda blew all my thoughts on dark bullymance out the water.

Madison is living her life in the summer before her senior year and sure her life kinda sucks but she’s making the most of it. Until she stumbles upon a girl who looks exactly like her….fast forward a little bit and Maddie discovers she has a twin , Madeleine(Lainey) who is living the LIFE! I’m talking money, shopping, cars and luxury, all the things Maddie wouldn’t mind having because her life is anything but. They decided to switch places for the summer. What could go wrong? In a word EVERYTHING
Her twin dies and Maddie is stuck being Madelaine which wouldn’t be so bad if her fiancé wasn’t an asshole, her father didn’t micro-manage her and the whole school she has to attend didn’t wish she was dead. Her fiancé is the king of the school, alphahole, and possessive guy who holds the key to her survival, if only she didn’t lust after him and he didn’t hate her.
In this rich opulent world nothing is as it seems and Maddie has to navigate around the lies, deceit and horror , if she wishes to ever survive. I had so much fun reading this book and falling madly in love with Ryan and Maddie.
Mad world is an enemies to lover dark bully romance and the first book of a new series by McBride following up her smash success from her BlackWater pack novels. That you won’t want to miss!
TW: Childhood sexual abuse, Bullying, drug use, almost date rape and and alpha hole who can be an Jerk at times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad World.

April 6, 2021 – Shelved