Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Off-Limits

Off-Limits by L.A. Cotton

*Big sigh*
There is so much here to unpack. L.A. Cotton has covered some important topics in this book.

Jason Ford's nightmare has come true. Lewis Thatcher's spawn has come to Rixon High, and he wants to be Jase's next QB1. Can Coach Ford get his head straight to let Kaiden have a chance, or will bad blood spoil Kaiden's only opportunity to get out of Rixon?

But the dynamic between Jason and Kaiden isn't the only thing going on here. L.A. Cotton also introduces a complicated heroine in Lily Ford. A delicate and traumatized girl on the edge of womanhood or a nervous breakdown--whichever comes first. Lily has friends and family to support her, but she is wounded and healing but not thriving, and more importantly, not living until Kaiden Thatcher sets her aflame.

I enjoyed the hell out of this book. I really did. I would have given it five stars but for the fact that at the end of the day, it's still just your typical coach's-daughter-romance. At the same time, there is a lot of great backstory regarding Lewis Thatcher here. I was annoyed that there was constant shutting down of the history of the characters we know. Jason and Felicity, Cam and Hailee, it's always zipped lips when brought up. If you don't want to talk about it, don't suggest it. What happens between The Endgame is You and Off Limits is constantly hushed up. It isn't enjoyable to read the teaser without the follow-through.

And good God do I loathe the number of times the three dad's call the younger males 'Son'. AUGH! Shoot me.

Solid four stars. Highly recommend. I Love Lily. She's worth all four of those stars.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off-Limits.

April 2, 2021 – Started Reading