Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The House in the Cerulean Sea

The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune

bookshelves: 2021, 5-fangs, audible, audiobook, best-2021, diversity, fantasy, favorite-character, romance

What a wonderful story this one is!!

The House in the Cerulean Sea is remarkable in all its greatness. From start to finish, there was nothing more that I wanted to do but to keep on listening.

The characters all became dear to me in every way possible. They were all so charming in their own special way and I love how Linus was able to give them something while getting something back in return.

Linus Baker is a man that likes order. He abides by the Rules and Regulations and has the book to prove it. Linus has been in the same job for almost two decades but has never wanted a supervisor job. As part of the Department in Charge of Magical Youth, his job is to investigate the orphanages housing magical children and to make a recommendation as to keep them open or closed for good.

When Linus gets a memo from Extreme Upper Management and he's asked to travel to investigate Marysas Island Orphanage, his shock is real. He has never heard of the place. It's even worse when his assignment takes him (and his cat Calliope) to the island and he meets the children living there and the man supervising them, Arthur Parnassus.

Linus has four weeks to learn more about the children and Arthur. As the days pass, to say the children were not what he was expecting would be a lie. Yes, they can be perceived as dangerous but exactly to who?

The House in the Cerulean Sea is a moving story with magnificent characters, wonderful humor, and love in all its manifestations. Quite priceless.

Simply put, it was cerulean magic.

Cliffhanger: No

5/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House in the Cerulean Sea.

March 31, 2021 – Started Reading
April 4, 2021 – Shelved as: diversity
April 4, 2021 – Shelved as: fantasy
April 4, 2021 – Shelved as: favorite-character
April 4, 2021 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

message 1: by Jayme (new) - added it

Jayme Fantastic review! It’s on my list!!

message 2: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy So glad you rated this one so high! I'm going to read this one soon :)

preoccupiedbybooks Yess, so happy you loved this one too Sheyla! I adored all of these characters!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael David Glad you loved it, Sheyla! Fantastic review!

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Amazing review Sheyla!!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina A stunning 5 star review Sheyla! 🤩

message 7: by C. (last edited Apr 06, 2021 10:20AM) (new)

C. Sheyla, I am happy to read your happy, wonderfully described feedback to this story because it looks enchanting. Some reactions varied. I think I would buy it if I see it the next time I can do second-hand charity browsing. "C" = Carolyn.

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "Fantastic review! It’s on my list!!"

You must move it WAY UP!!

Sheyla ✎ Lucy wrote: "So glad you rated this one so high! I'm going to read this one soon :)"

I loved It! Let me know what you think about it.

Sheyla ✎ preoccupiedbybooks wrote: "Yess, so happy you loved this one too Sheyla! I adored all of these characters!"

They were so perfectly crafted.

Sheyla ✎ Michael wrote: "Glad you loved it, Sheyla! Fantastic review!"

Thank you, Michael. One of my favorites for sure.

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Amazing review Sheyla!!"

Thank you, Holly.

Sheyla ✎ C. wrote: "Sheyla, I am happy to read your happy, wonderfully described feedback to this story because it looks enchanting. Some reactions varied. I think I would buy it if I see it the next time I can do sec..."

I did love it Carolyn.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Brilliant review,L💕veツ,

Brandice I love this wonderful story! Glad you did too, Sheyla! :)

MarilynW Fabulous review, Sheyla! I thought the voices of the children were so funny 😁

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "Brilliant review,L💕veツ,"

Thank you, Paulette!

Sheyla ✎ Brandice wrote: "I love this wonderful story! Glad you did too, Sheyla! :)"

Thank you, Brandice. It was lovely!

Sheyla ✎ MarilynW wrote: "Fabulous review, Sheyla! I thought the voices of the children were so funny 😁"

They were. My fave was Luci

message 20: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat I still need to read this one. Every review is so glowing for it, including yours! :)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "Brilliant review,L💕veツ,"

Thank you, Paulette!"

💋 It's Absolutely My Pleasure L💕ve ツ💎✰

message 22: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Terrific review, Sheyla!!

Sheyla ✎ Deanna wrote: "Terrific review, Sheyla!!"

Thank you, Deanna!

Sheyla ✎ Kat wrote: "I still need to read this one. Every review is so glowing for it, including yours! :)"

Yes, you need to move up in your TBR.

message 25: by Christina (new)

Christina This sounds really good! Wonderful review, Sheyla.

Melissa ~ Bantering Books (On Reviewing Hiatus) Such a lovely review, Sheyla! I'm so happy you saw the "cerulean magic" in this wonderful story. :)

Farrah What a gorgeous review!! I'm so glad you loved this.... I miss these characters!

Sheyla ✎ Christina wrote: "This sounds really good! Wonderful review, Sheyla."

It was Christina. I highly recommend it.

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Such a lovely review, Sheyla! I'm so happy you saw the "cerulean magic" in this wonderful story. :)"

It was magic!!!

Sheyla ✎ Farrah wrote: "What a gorgeous review!! I'm so glad you loved this.... I miss these characters!"

I miss them too. The kids were great! Now, I'm hoping for the movie.