Cyn Armistead's Reviews > Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships

Opening Up by Tristan Taormino

Dec 03, 2008

I have to be honest. When I initially heard about Opening Up by Tristan Taormino, it was in association with someone I can't stand, and I childishly let that association color my impression of the book. I didn't really consider reading it. I finally got around to reading (okay, listening to) it this past week, and I'm sorry I didn't do so sooner. It's so good that I'm considering purchasing a print copy to have on hand in my lending library, and maybe even an ebook copy so that I might easily reference passages from time to time.

None of the information is new to me, exactly, but it is put together very well. The sections on issues to consider/issues that might arise in each style of responsible non-monogamy were especially appreciated. I was disappointed that there isn't a section in her web site for readers, but perhaps the print copy has reproducible checklists.

The chapter on STIs was very good, although I think that a list of specific STIs for which non-monogamous people should request testing would have been helpful.

In any case, I do recommend this book. It's replacing Love Without Limits as my go-to recommendation for new polyfolk to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opening Up.

December 3, 2008 – Shelved
January 15, 2014 – Started Reading
January 24, 2014 – Finished Reading

Amyiw Who wrote Love Without Limits as that pops up a lot of books?