Peggy Jaeger's Reviews > A Reckless Heart

A Reckless Heart by Jennifer Wilck

It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of Jennifer Wilck’s writing and in the first in her new series (Scarred Hearts) A RECKLESS HEART, she has solidified her one-click status with me for life.

This book has so many facets and themes, from the bonds of friendship, to acts of forgiveness, to the detriments of a solitary existence. It even skirts the old Beauty and the Beast trope – very effectively and with a modern take on the timeless tale.

What would you do for a friend? That’s a question for two of the women in this story, heroine Meg and secondary character Claire. Both, it appears, would do whatever they had to in order to keep their friends safe. Both go about it different ways, though.

Meg Clancy ( nee Thurgood) took the rap for something that happened several years ago, thus protecting her friend and causing her own life to change drastically. Now, she’s at the precipice of getting her old life back.

Simon McAlter, hermit, and forced to be one due to a tragic accident, agrees to rent his cottage to Meg, believing her to be a middle aged spinster.
She’s not. Not even close.

Blessed with kindness and compassion, Meg sees passed Simon’s physical and emotional scars and together they form a friendship that leads to one with…benefits. Hey, this is a romance, after all!

But it’s so much more, believe me. I cried, I laughed, I winced at every turn of the story. Meg has a secret she can’t reveal to anyone but like all secrets, when it is revealed, there’s hell to pay for her. Can she be forgiven for what happened? Can she forgive those that didn’t trust in her?

This is an emotional rollercoaster, kids, and worth every bit of lost sleep I got reading it in one sitting because I simply couldn’t put the story down.

The ending is just about as perfect as a reader could wish for.
I want to thank Netgalley and the Wild Rose press for allowing me to read an arc of the book for an honest opinion of the work.
My opinion? This book needs to be read by the masses. Can you give a book more than 5 stars? If you can, A RECKLESS HEART deserves an infinitesimal amount.

Brava!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Reckless Heart.

April 2, 2021 – Started Reading