~Tina~'s Reviews > This Is What Happy Looks Like

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Aug 15, 2012

bookshelves: arc, netgalley-edelweiss, e-book, contemporary, young-adult, read-2013
Read from March 25 to 27, 2013

Call it fate, destiny, meant to be or maybe it was it's own kind of miracle, but when fate decided to send a mis-typed e-mail that sparked a new found friendship for GDL824 and EONeill22 that gave a whole new meaning to internet connection, wouldn't you answer back?

I've only read one other book by Jennifer E. Smith, but that was all it took for me to want to read more of her work and fall in love with the ideas she comes up with. Jennifer has a knack with taking something impossible and making it probable. Whether it be love at first sight or a movie star and an ordinary girl meeting and falling for each other. Jennifer makes the reader believe the endless possibilities of 'it could happen to you'. Her writing is strong, controlled and brings fresh emotion to the story-line and it's characters.

Graham Larkin has risen to unexpected stardom as one of the hottest movie stars in his time, but he hasn't felt like himself till one day his e-mail went to a different address. To EONeill22. He could finally be himself, talk about random useless things and he could escape who he really was. But when he found out that Henley Maine would be the perfect location for his newest movie, he couldn't resist making it happen. He wanted to finally meet his internet pen-pal.
Ellie O'Neill is a fairly leveled headed person with a good grip on reality. It didn't even phase her that there were movie stars running around her little no-where town and that Graham Larkin was one of them.
Till the night he showed up at her back-porch and somehow knew the name of her dog. Ellie couldn't believe it. Her internet mistake-turned-friend turned out to be Graham Larkin, the freaken movie star.
But Ellie and her mom already had some heated history dealing with the media and press and so she has some issues dating someone in the spotlight despite her obvious growing feelings.
Can a movie star and an ordinary girl really make a relationship work? Or was it all just a mistake?

I really just loved this concept. Yes, it's been done before and yes, it was even a tad predictable, but I couldn't care less. This Is What Happy Looks Like is such a cute, clean and sweet contemporary romance that was totally smile and sigh worthy. Graham and Ellie have such a fun witty banter and the 'officially' getting to know each other moments were the sweetest thing. I love that I could feel how nervous but comfortable these two were around each other and how easy and warm their connection felt. I also really liked the way it ended, with hope, just the way I like it.

Fans of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight will have a lot of fun with this book. This Is What Happy Looks Like, is a perfectly entertaining, light, romantically sweet story about a mistake that became the very best thing that could ever happen. Fate works in mysterious ways and this was another brilliant story by Smith that captures the feeling of anything can happen if you just believe, and happiness really does look a lot like love.
A feel-good read!

(Arc provided by Netgalley and Little Brown Books for Young Readers)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is What Happy Looks Like.

03/26/2013 page 1

message 1: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic This sounds very sweet. Happy reading :)

~Tina~ I'm starting it today:) It sounds light and happy which is exactly what I need lol

Zoe and the Edge Nice review! I didn't like The Statistical Probability... But reading your review makes me want to give Smith another chance. =)

~Tina~ I thought both were pretty cute:) Hope you end up enjoying this:)

♥Rachel♥ Wonderful review Tina. I seem to remember we both enjoyed the first book a little more than our friends, so I'm happy to see you liked this one as well. :)

~Tina~ Thanks Rach! Yup, not a lot of our friends liked Statistical, but I thought it was awfully sweet. This was to! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did:)

message 7: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic Great review Twinie. I love a good feel good read :)

~Tina~ Thanks Twinie! I think you'd really enjoy this one:D

~Tina~ Thanks Sam!:) It was fun!