Jim's Reviews > Eighth Grade Bites

Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer

bookshelves: ya-and-kids, paranormal-urban, 3series, 1paper, 2fiction

A quick read, but a surprisingly good one, even for an adult. Typical of a kid's book, the plot is a bit simplistic, but it was a good story with believable characters. A lot of background had to be covered & it was well done. This is mostly Vlad figuring out what he is, which fits rather well with his age, too.

One of the more interesting points is the characterization of the various people. They're not as simple as in most books of this type & even the bad guys have redeeming qualities, while the good guys have their faults. Refreshing.

If I found any fault, it was with the pacing. True to life, there were busy, exciting times followed by others that were typical. Typical days were just cut out. Sometimes a jump of several weeks left me a bit dazed & a few threads got lost. The author is constrained by a year per book & I'm guessing a specific length for each book. It felt like it, at times.

Vampire books are all the rage now & I've read so many that I didn't think this series would interest me too much, but I found that it does. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eighth Grade Bites.

December 3, 2008 – Shelved
December 3, 2008 – Shelved as: ya-and-kids
December 3, 2008 – Shelved as: paranormal-urban
Started Reading
April 19, 2009 – Finished Reading
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: 3series
December 11, 2013 – Shelved as: 1paper
October 23, 2014 – Shelved as: 2fiction

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Zachary (new)

Zachary Belinsky hey how is it going for you is it going okay for you and how is it going outside for you:)