Rhodolitejail's Reviews > Opal

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Aug 14, 2012

bookshelves: dec, awesomeness-guaranteed, read-till-2k12
Read from December 05 to 06, 2012

Thank God, it's coming in December. I.CAN.HARDLY.WAIT.

I hate Blake. I loved the heartwrenching exchange between Kat and Daemon in the last few pages... I loved the last line. (view spoiler) After reading the last line, I flipped the pages expecting to see more. Yeah, I am this dumb. I was so not expecting THAT ending. I went back, read the last few scenes again. And again. And again. Then I spent the whole night thinking about the book. The same thing happened to me after I had read Onyx.

Man, this book was puurfect. I. Loved. It.

Katy has sure matured in htis book. Daemon was just sooo sweet. Dawson was good to read about. I loved him in Shadows. THis book was sweet, sad, filled with soul-wrenching moments.

I read somewhere, I think it was on one of the threads here on goodreads that the next book will be from Daemon's POV...? The book is in dual POV. Cool. I don't know if it's true or not but I would love the next book to be from his POV. It will cater more to the scenario after this book.

I am telling you this book was just killer.

If some of you still haven't picked up this series, I suggest that you do as you won't be disappointed and will be begging for more and more.

Kudos to JLA for killing us with this perfect addition to her enthralling series. God!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opal.

Quotes Rhodolitejail Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Slowly he looked at me, and then he bent down, planting his lips on mine. The kiss was unexpected—deep and forceful. Stunned I just stood there as he pulled back, nipping at my bottom lip. "Tasty, Kitten." Then he spun, planted his right hand on Blake’s shoulder, knocking him back into a locker. “See you around,” he said, smirking.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon spoke in his language. The lyrical quality of his words made no sense to me.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“There’s really no translation for it,” he said, “but the closest human words would be, you are beautiful to me.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Each time I felt the worst kind of fear. What if it didn't work? What if I failed Beth? I'd..." He moved his neck, as if working out a kink. He'd never be the same. Tears climbed up my throat again. I wanted to cry for him, for Beth, but most of all for all, for the people they once were but never would be again.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon was sprawled on his back, one arm stretched across the space beside him and the other rested across his bare stomach. Sheets were twisted around his narrow hips. His face was almost angelic in sleep, chiselled lines softened and lips relaxed. Thick lashes fanned the top of his cheeks. He looked so much younger at rest but, in a weird way, he was even more out of my league. His kind of masculine beauty was otherworldly and intimidating. Something that existed in between the pages of the books I read. Sometimes I had a hard time convincing myself he was real.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Kitten..." "Don't Kitten me." I scowled, on a roll now. "You left around five or so and didn't get back till when? Past two in the morning? What were you guys doing? And get that stupid smile off your face. This isn't funny." Daemon tried to get rid of the smile but failed. "I love when your claws come out.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“His eyes searched mine. "Thank you."

"For What?" I loved the feel of his arms around me and how I fit against him, hard against soft. He trailed his fingers over my arm, and I was amazed by how he could make me shiver.

"For everything," he said.”

“You're amazing."

"I know it didn't take you this long to realize that."

"No. I've always known it." I watched him root around for another strawberry. "Maybe not in the beginning..."

He peeked up. "My awesomeness is all about the stealth.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“For once, I agree with Blake." Daemon met my shocked stare. "We can't, Kitten. Not now."

I wasn't okay with this, but I couldn't run down the hall, letting people free. We didn't plan for that and we only had a set amount of time. It sucked-sucked worse than people who pirated books, sucked more than a year for the next book in a beloved series, and sucked more than a brutal cliffhanger ending.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He settled over me, not touching, not quite. The electricity between us snapped and pulled. A wild feeling pulsed through me. I lifted my hands, sinking them into his hair, pulling him closer. I swept my lips over his, and his body trembled. His fiery eyes drifted shut as my thumb moved on his bottom lip. My hands were on the move, slipping over the thick cords in his neck and back, around his chest and down. Lower, over the hard planes of his stomach. He sucked in a sharp breath.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“There was a pause, then his lips stretched into a smile. "You're right."
Hell froze over. Pigs were flying. "Come again?"
"You're right. I should have checked in at some point. I'm sorry."
The world was flat. I didn't know what to say. According to Daemon, he was right about 99 percent of the time. Wow.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I spun and jogged around the SUV. Climbing in I readjusted the seat from Godzilla setting to Normal so my feet could reach the pedals.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“A slow, wry smile teased Daemon’s lips. "Simmer down, Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with."

Annoyance flared deep inside me. "Don’t start with me, jerk-face.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You grew up too fast, baby."

Didn't always feel that way, especially this morning when I couldn't find my other flip-flop and I'd been, like, two seconds from kicking a fit.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Dawson shifted, dropping his head into his hand. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"When I'm sleeping," Blake replied.

"And when you're dead," Daemon threw back. "You'll stop talking when you're dead."

Blake's lips thinned. "Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I was a total fail next to Ash, but Daemon said something about me wearing his clothes that sent blood rushing to every part of my body and I didn't care if I looked like a hunchback next to her.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Honestly, as much as I love my brother, I’m not sure how I feel about him hanging out in your bedroom.” He reached out with a muscular arm and used his fingers to brush a few strands of hair off my cheek, tucking them behind my ear. I shivered, and he smiled. “I feel like I need to mark my territory.” “Shut up.” “Oh, I love it when you get all bossy-pants. It’s sexy.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal

12/05/2012 "I sat up reading this all day long... Then had to take a break due to uni... Loving. It."