Antof9's Reviews > The Little Lady Agency

The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne

Dec 02, 2008

bookshelves: 2007-read, good-chicklit, bwa-ha-ha, women
Read in January, 2007

This is a typical chick-lit book in that the main chica is the underdog, someone uncomfortable with men, etc., etc. It's atypical in that it's basically clean and talks a lot about Issues of Conscience. And for that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I really cared about Melissa and what happened to her, and the whole Honey dilemma got to be hilarious. I could actually see it as a sitcom! Here's just one of many, many funny lines -- in talking about a fling with your administrative help: "Oh, yes, I agree," I said. "Then when it all goes wrong -- and it always does -- you never get your photocopying done properly again because all the girls hate you, and everyone in the office knows about your intimate dermatitis."

LOL -- that's just one of many chuckle-worthy parts of this book. I must track down her next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Lady Agency.

04/01/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Stace (new) - added it

Stace Lol that quote alone actually convinced me to want to go to the bookstore and get the book now. Thanks for sharing :)

Antof9 Stace wrote: "Lol that quote alone actually convinced me to want to go to the bookstore and get the book now. Thanks for sharing :)"

! Hope you like it :) Good, light-hearted, enjoyable reading!