Rebecca A's Reviews > Where You Are

3020605
Aug 13, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-loved, books-read-in-2012, favorite-series, favorite-books
Read in August, 2012

In a superior follow up to the first novel Between the Lines Tammara Webber is this close to hitting it out of the park. Once again thrust into the world of Emma, Graham, Brooke, and Reid we are taken on a wild ride of betrayal, deceit, true love, and learning to be better than you think you are.

The plot is simple enough: Sabotage Graham and Emma's relationship. However, the execution of this plot is brilliant and well thought out. Brooke is an excellent villain, delusional and deviously brilliant. She knows what she wants and will stop at nothing to get it, even if she hurts her best friend in the process. She "knows" that she's the best thing for Graham. Reid is sort of dogged until the very end in his pursuit of Emma. He ends up showing that he's not a careless, stupid, boy bimbo incapable of love. In fact, in this book he ends up being the most selfless of them all. You see what's made him the way he was and it's not pretty. I really came to respect him by the end of the book.

Emma and Graham were adorable and their relationship and characters themselves, developed beautifully. I loved the insight into the enigma of Graham. It really helped flesh him out and make you cheer for him and Emma even more than you did in the first book. Emma proves that she finally knows what she wants and is ready to go for it. Instead of doing what everyone else wants her to do, she finally starts to come into her own and take charge of her life. It was magnificent to watch.

Our look into Hollywood is once again a warning to all who want to enter it's golden gates. The thing I love about this series is that it doesn't sugarcoat anything. It's realistic and gritty. Noting is glamourized. Hollywood is really easy to make seem like an absolute dream, but this book did one better and put them all on a real world level.

I really enjoyed this book. There wasn't a dull moment and I was furiously "turning" the pages of my NOOK to see what would happen in the end. I won't tell you what happens, but I will say that the end of the book is heartwarming and worth cheering over. You won't be disappointed that you read this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where You Are.