Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Wallflower

Wallflower by Cookie O'Gorman

Dare Frost is just the sort of book boyfriend I needed this week.

When Viola Kent says she likes being under the radar, she means it. She doesn't want to be part of the crowd, and in the spotlight, she means it. And when she says she doesn't need any more friends, she means it. So color her furious when she finds her father is trying to manipulate the school playboy and sports star to be her new best friend. Just because her dad is his coach doesn't mean that Dare owes him the favor of feeling bad for Viola with him.

Fear Viola once she discovers her dad's duplicity. Because now the manipulated becomes the manipulator, and her ideas include using Dare to show her dad his idea was terrible, by pretending Dare is her new boyfriend.

Oh, but Dare is an incredible boyfriend, and Viola is so lucky. She just hit the lottery. He is one in a million. I personally would trade all the other men I read about this week for Dare in a second and he was one of seven. #LetsKeepDare

I don't know if I was just really in the mood for a great YA book or if this was as good as it felt, to be honest. Because this book struck me right where it needed to, it was just what I needed when I needed it to be for my reading needs. I loved the characters, and I adored the story.

BUT! I am not a Potterhead, and I did not appreciate the Harry Potter-isms that it drowned in. But really, that is my only complaint.

Highly recommend

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wallflower.

March 20, 2021 – Started Reading