Sangita's Reviews > Transcend

Transcend by Christine Fonseca

Aug 13, 2012

Read from September 27 to 28, 2012

Rating: 3.5

A copy was provided by the author for a honest review.

You can never settle down with one emotion while you are reading Transcend; it's a roller coaster of emotions. Ien has lost everything in the fire. Now, all he wants is revenge. Anger, hatred and rage is all he thinks about. Everyone has betrayed him. His parents. His best friend. His lover. He can't trust anyone. Not the voice inside his head. Not Sister Anne. He just needs his lover, Kiera, back. Then everything will be alright. But it seems there's more to what Ien knows.

Ien, our main character, is shrouded by memories. Ien, for me, wasn't my favorite character. I couldn't get the hang of his emotions and how his mind worked. My favorite character was Jenna. She was a sweet girl that understood Ien. Jenna and Ien are childhoods friend and knows everything about him.

When i first saw Transcend i was captivated by the cover and let me tell you, the inside doesn't let you down. You just have to be patient. At first, i was confused because one chapter would be firs person narrative and the third person narrative. For a while it bugged but i got used to it. I also had some problems with the pace. The first half of the story didn't really excite me but as i got further in the story the pages were flying by. We uncover his past and answers are give. On the other hand, Christine's writing is subtle, even though, the emotions the words gives off are strong

I am definitely a fan of Christine Fonseca and i can't wait to read more of her works. Although, the beginning was confusing you will not be disappointed when you finish the book .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transcend.

09/27/2012 page 106