Peterb's Reviews > Private Games

U 50x66
Aug 13, 2012

it was ok
Read in August, 2011

After reading the first book I decided to have a quick peek to check the order I should read the series because even on the website it seemed a bit slapdash. After reading the first couple of pages I found that Private London actually was a precursor to Private Games and I am glad that I read them in that order: 1 Private - 2 Private #1 Suspect - 3 Private London - 4 Private Games.

When I started reading Private Games I thought who the hell is this Peter Knight, what has happened to Dan Carter? Then he explains that they have all been killed in a plane crash. Peter Knight is not as believable a character as Dan Carter and does not fit the role he filling in this book at all.

Very poor research for this book as the most basic error is made throughout the book. This book is based on the Olympic Games and England do not enter the Olympic Games. Great Britain enter a team for the games which is made up of athletes from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland yet throughout the book it is mentioning the England football team and other such rubbish. Not what I was expecting from his usual very exacting detailed stories.

The whole basis of the story is that this ex athlete, ex guardsman met up with three Balkan war ravaged female killers but none of the checks made by Private or any other agency ever showed up his service in the Balkans. This fact is glossed over in about two paragraphs with no detail of how he might have hidden this information or in fact wiped it from his history.

If you have read the first two Private books then you will be disappointed with the superficial detail in the story and I would just read Private London, co written with Mark Pearson instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Games.

02/27 marked as: read