Hadassah's Reviews > Why is the Penis Shaped Like That?: And Other Reflections on Being Human

Why is the Penis Shaped Like That? by Jesse Bering

Aug 12, 2012

bookshelves: systems-and-or-evolutionary-thinkin

I enjoyed this book tremendously. The author covered a very large range of hot button issues and was clear about not over stepping what the scientific evidence is for various theories. It is a great introduction to so many topics in Evolutionary Psychology. Jesse Bering has a great sense of humor.

I was tickled to revisit the work of many evolutionists that I have worked with through my involvement in the Evolutionary Studies (EvoS) program at Binghamton University (evolution.binghamton.edu/evos/) and as managing editor of Evolution: This View of Life(www.thisviewoflife.com).

He covered work of two ETVOL editors work including Michael Blume (Religion editor) and Dominic Johnson (Politics editor). He writes about Gordon Gallup's work on semen (for a youtube interview on ETVOL of Gordon Gallup see http://www.thisviewoflife.com/index.p...)

He also references many people I have interacted with through EvoS including Anne Clark a participating EvoS faculty member at Binghamton University and Jaak Panksepp who will be speaking at the EvoS seminar at some point this fall.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why is the Penis Shaped Like That?.

August 12, 2012 – Started Reading
August 12, 2012 – Shelved
August 12, 2012 – Shelved as: systems-and-or-evolutionary-thinkin
page 34
page 45
page 51
August 12, 2012 –
51.0% "It was fun to hear Binghamton Professor Anne Clark quoted in the chapter about pubic hair and gorillas."
August 13, 2012 –