Not Now...Mommy's Reading's Reviews > Redemption for the Hypnotist

Redemption for the Hypnotist by Angraecus Daniels

bookshelves: 2012-reads, erotica-contemporary

Redemption for the Hynotist by author, Hypnotic Dreams (obviously a pseudonym) is a surprisingly good read! I had come across the book title several times while searching for a new read and was originally dissuaded from reading by the title and the cover. Yet I decided to take a peek at the blurb and found myself mildly intrigued by a story based around erotic hypnosis.

Once I began to read, it was almost impossible to put down. Darren Braid is a very interesting male lead. A very believable character. The only issue I had was that I was half-way through the book before I realized that Darren was an older white male and not the young black male I had originally pictured him to be. I don't know how I missed that but this small overlooked detail would not only place this book in the erotica genre but also the interracial erotica genre as well, in my opinion. No big deal for most but something I'd like to mention for those who enjoy reading interracial romances/erotica such as myself.

LaToya was...interesting. Her views on "pleasing her man" led to some very explicit and steamy love scenes. I really liked the character of Marisa, the female FBI agent. I literally laughed out loud at the first encounter she and Darren had after her initial hypnosis session! Although I'm not quite sure how believable the encounters between her and the targets were - I'm glad the author stepped outside of the box to create such a thrilling read. Don't do like I almost did and judge this book by its cover - it's worth the read.

From my understanding, this is the first book written and published by this author. He did an absolutely amazing job with this book and I can only hope he continues to share his talent. Highly recommended read! (Originally Reviewed for Not Now...Mommy's Reading)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption for the Hypnotist.