Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book 's Reviews > While It Lasts

While It Lasts by Abbi Glines

Aug 12, 2012

bookshelves: abbi-glines
Read from August 12 to 13, 2012

*SLIGHT SPOILERS*

Abbi out did herself with this fantastic story. Prologue and Epilogue are killers!

Eva had it all until the war took away her fiance. She was living but not living. Along comes Cage(manwhore)who finds himself at her farm due to him getting a DUI and his coach sent him there to keep him in line.

When Eva first meets Cage she pegged him. Manwhore, someone who went thru life without a care. Cage saw her and thought her something else(as in great). They didn't pay no mind to each other except when Eva brought him drinks and cool towels every now and then during a hard days work. Little by little she opened up to him and soon a love story is told. Of course there's the drama but without the drama we wouldn't have seen them come together.

This part here is my favorite:

"He was my best friend. We'd been inseperable since we were five years old. He was my first kiss. My first date." I felt the familiar burn in my nose as my eyes filled with tears. I had to do this. I had to share this with him. "We were going to grow old together. But he didn't come home."...This had my eyes a leaking!

Their chemistry was off the charts and so was the sex. Cage(visually)is my type of man...could do without him being the ex manwhore he was but then again that's the appeal that he has. Sex on a stick. Looking forward to a sequel on them.

*Ima thinking that Preston and Amanda are gonna hook up.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While It Lasts.