Jim's Reviews > Dakota Blues

Dakota Blues by Lynne M. Spreen

Aug 12, 2012

Read in August, 2012

“What would it feel like to be one of only three people left in your family that had shared such a life… What happened to the memories when you died, but more than that, what happened to the lessons learned, the maturation a person gained from living through such hard times?”
Karen speculates about this after going through a family album with her Aunt Marie. I would hope for the ancestor’s sake one of the three would be Lynne Spreen. By the time I reached this part of her wonderful novel, I felt I knew many of the people preserved in that family album. Lynne has masterfully resurrected them, breathed life into the memories, and walked them through the pages of this book.
Ironically her ancestors could have known or been mine. My family descended from German Baptist, who came to American for the same reasons at about the same time.
“The lessons and memories live on and are passed on through the heart and writings of Lynne M. Spreen. “

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dakota Blues.

Lynne Spreen Jim, this is so great, to hear that my words touched you. I hope all midlife people will find strength and inspiration in Karen's discoveries! (And as soon as I figure out how, I'll add the book to Goodreads so the pretty cover will appear instead of that danged plain brown wrapper!)