P.A. Lupton's Reviews > Stygian's Honor

Stygian's Honor by Lora Leigh

Aug 12, 2012

it was ok
Read on August 12, 2012

I hate to rate a book in one of my favorite series so low, but this was a huge disappointment. Out of all the Breeds books, this is the one I least enjoyed. I think the story is just dragging on way too long now. It’s like watching a soap opera, you can stop watching the show and tune in a year and 260 episodes later and still they’ll be on the same plot line. That’s what I feel like Lora Leigh is doing with this story. I felt like the characters are talking in circles, repeating the same things over and over. The plot could have been resolved in one chapter but stretched to fill the word count—and ultimately finished unresolved.

On top of that, I couldn’t stand the heroine. She was so obnoxious. Arguing for the sake of arguing.

There were parts of the story I enjoyed, unfortunately there were more I didn’t enjoy. And yet, I will probably keep reading. The problem is I want to know how it ends now; I have 27 books invested into the series. I am just hoping she wraps it up already. Don’t get me wrong, I’d keep reading the Breeds books, but this particular plot thread has been stretched since Jonas’ book. It would be nice to see this story resolved and then move onto something new.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stygian's Honor.

12/29/2017 marked as: read

~V~ Oh no! I'm also a HUGE Breeds fan..i'm sad to hear this one wasn't very good. I was SO looking forward to it since i hadn't loved the last one! :(

Great review, btw PA! :)

message 2: by P.A. (last edited Aug 12, 2012 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

P.A. Lupton Lawe's Justice I found a bit disappointing, this one was worse. I think she could have easily combined the stories. And she's left it open to continue. She says the same things over and over...and over. About halfway through I started skimming. I was so out of the story I even started skipping the sex scenes. Seriously, it was like blah blah blah, swollen clits, juices flowing, he spurted blah blah She used those phrases repeadedly

~V~ P.A. wrote: "Lawe's Justice I found a bit disappointing, this one was worse. I think she could have easily combined the stories. And she's left it open to continue. She says the same things over and over...and ..."

LMAO!!!...and GROSS!!! Ok, this may be put on the back burner for a bit! ;)

message 4: by paula (new)

paula Good review. These were my thoughts as well.

message 5: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D I hate not liking the heroine. I felt this way about the last few books actually.

Paris        (kerbytejas) well you weren't the only one to not like it... I seem to be an exception...LOL

message 7: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D I still haven't read Lawe's book so I'll probably never get to this one.

message 8: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D Finally read Lawe's book since I had already bought it. Meh. Not too exciting. This series has definitely gone too long. You keep reading and tell me how it ends! ;)

Paris        (kerbytejas) L-D wrote: "Finally read Lawe's book since I had already bought it. Meh. Not too exciting. This series has definitely gone too long. You keep reading and tell me how it ends! ;)"

will do...have to admit the next book is already on pre-order...

message 10: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D nothing wrong with that. There are series I definitely can't let go of for some reason...Anita Blake... ugh.

message 11: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Feb 02, 2014 12:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paris        (kerbytejas) L-D wrote: "nothing wrong with that. There are series I definitely can't let go of for some reason...Anita Blake... ugh."

I divorced Anita at Kiss the Dead or whatever that awful book was - so I do understand. I don't think I will read another Anita book unless its marked as the last book in the series....but I also have Merry Gentry on pre-order so i'm a sucker for some series too

message 12: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D I didn't pre-order Merry because it's overpriced at $9.99. I refuse to pay more than about 7.99 for an eBook. 8.99 only if I'm desperate for it. I just wait until it comes down. But I definitely have been waiting and waiting for her to finish that one. I still read all the Anita books. I still like all the books when she's with Edward and away from her harem.

Paris        (kerbytejas) Heck where did you find Merry for 9.99 - its 11.99 right now on amazon - I hate paying that much also but hey its been so long, and the book probably won't be lend able - so I said what the heck

and yes I like Edward, I don't mind the harem but I need a story line/plot not just sex in my stories. if there's a great storyline and great sex then it a bonus

message 14: by P.A. (new) - rated it 2 stars

P.A. Lupton I liked Merry okay but Anita was better. Well, until the later books. I was just saying that i like when authors know when to end a series. I hate being disappointed in a series that i loved. I used to love Anita Blake Nd lost interest. I also loved Breeds but lost interest. The story is being dragged out now.

night huntress by Jeaniene Frost is in my top 2 favorites and I'm actually thrilled she ended it when she did. Now she will never ruin Cat and Bones for me. And honestly, it's not as if I won't read everything else she writes. Fans are loyal that way. I wish every author finished series while on top.

Paris        (kerbytejas) I think for some authors - its like having their child grow and and move out of the house.....but I do agree all good things should have an ending while on top

message 16: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D Totally agree. I think i stopped reading Cat two books before the end. LOVE and will always LOVE Bones... but Cat was starting to bother me...