Ken Magee's Reviews > Maven Fairy Godmother: Through the Veil

Maven Fairy Godmother by Charlotte Henley Babb

Aug 12, 2012

I was captivated by this story right from the first page. Very early on you are tickled by Charlotte Babb's irreverent turn of phrase... 'Mom was right, bless her little dead heart'. She writes beautifully and tells this modern fairy tale with a style which draws you in more and more as you progress through the book.

Maven, the Fairy Godmother to be, is an older lady with a lot of obstacles to overcome. She is not your typical heroine, but her indomitable spirit shines through. It is heart-warming tale and you get to have a good laugh along the way.

I became a little confused in the middle of the book where we meet a wide array of characters, but it does all come together at the end.

This story is magical, in every sense of the word. I would recommend it, particularly to any parents who want to read to their children and enjoy the experience. Warning - you may keep your kids up later than you meant to as you read just one more chapter!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maven Fairy Godmother.